This is by far one of our family’s favorite recipes! Even my husband who doesn’t like zucchini will devour this; so that’s saying something!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 stalks green onion, cut into 2” lengths
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 2 large zucchini, cut into noodle spirals
- Himalayan salt
- dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 T honey
- 4 T coconut aminos (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Make Pad Thai sauce by mixing 1 T lime juice, honey, coconut aminos and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Season chicken breast with Himalayan salt, and cook in 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. When finished, remove from pan and wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Using another tsp of coconut oil, cook scrambled eggs in pan. Remove when finished and set aside with the chicken. Again – wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Using the remaining 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, cook the green onion, garlic and ginger for a minute until fragrant.
- Add carrots to the pan and stir fry for another few minutes before adding chicken and egg back to the pan.
- Add zoodles and cook for a minute or until they begin to soften. Add Pad Thai Sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Divide into two plates and top with freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with additional lime wedges.
Comment below if you try it, and let me know what you think!
Original Recipe from Confessions of a Fit Foodie