I was at the Commissary yesterday (aka grocery store for my non military folks) and saw that they had Gluten Free Corn Dogs in the freezer section. Now, I’m not a big corn dog fan, but I thought, “wow..it really does seem to be getting easier to find GF products these days”.
But yah know what, not all products labeled “Gluten Free” are really all that great for your health..yea sure, most chocolate is gluten free, but that doesn’t mean you should eat it all the time, ya know?
With Super Bowl coming up tomorrow, I thought I’d share some of my favorite GF super bowl foods that won’t have you feeling gross after you eat them!
- Turkey Chili— I mean, what is Football without a big old bowl of Chili
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza – This is the recipe that I use and love!
- GF Chex Mix- Recipe from Iowa Girl Eats
- Angel Food Cake (with berries and whipped cream!) (*note, it’s really super easy to switch out Gluten Free flour for pretty much any kind of baked goods! Look for Bob’s Red Mill one for one GF Flour, and you don’t even have to worry about changing any measurements!)
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip- (Recipe Below)
1 Package chicken breast tenders
Chili Power, Paprika (to taste)
*Cayenne (optional, to taste)
1-2 TBSP EVOO
2 16 oz packs Cream Cheese (softened)
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/8 Cup Franks Original Hot Sauce
(you can adjust this amount to your own taste, I use a lot!)
Wash, Dry, and Season chicken with chili powder, paprika, and cayenne*
Heat 1-2 TBSP EVOO in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Add chicken, and cook thoroughly.
Remove from heat, and set aside
Pre-Heat Oven to 350º
Mix together cream cheese and hot sauce
Shred Chicken and add to cream cheese and hot sauce mixture
Place mixture in an oven safe baking dish
Top with cheddar cheese
Cook at 350º for approximately 35 minutes
Serve with carrots and celery or gluten free tortilla chips.
What are you serving up for the Super Bowl?! Share with me in the comments below!