This recipe is super simple and fast to put together, and can also easily be turned into Chicken with Broccoli by simply swapping out the beef broth for chicken broth, and the stew meat for about 3 chicken breasts!
I used my InstantPot to make this one, but you could also throw it all in your slow cooker (except the broccoli–put that in at the very end or it will be mush city!) and have a nice hot meal ready after work that you don’t have to think about!
2 tsp olive oil
1-2 lbs beef stew meat
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
2/3 cup beef stock (water works fine too)
1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce (or aminos if you prefer)
2 T plus 1 tsp honey or pure maple syrup
1 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
1 T cornstarch (or another thickener of your choice)
- Whisk soy sauce, beef broth, honey, and ginger together in a small bowl, set aside
- Set InstantPot to “sauté”. Once heated, add olive oil and garlic, cook for about 1 minute (until fragrant).
- Pour stock mix into InstantPot and add in the beef stew meat. Cover your IP with the pressure valve sealed and set to Pressure Cook for about 12 minutes. Allow natural pressure release to complete its cycle before initiating quick release and removing the lid.
- Carefully remove the lid and take out 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add in the cornstarch and stir until thick. Return to the IP and set it back to sauté. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Add frozen broccoli florets to IP and set to “steam” for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or on its own!
No Instant Pot? No problem!
- Sauté beef stew meat with garlic in olive oil on stove until browned
- Add all ingredients except corn starch to crock pot
- Set on low for 6-8 hours
- Prior to serving, remove 1 cup of broth and add corn starch. Add to crockpot and stir until thick
- Steam Broccoli in microwave with a small amount of water
- Add steamed broccoli to crockpot and stir. If desired allow to cook together for 5-10 minutes for added flavor.
Portion Fix Servings: Makes 4 servings, 3/4 cup each serving. 1 Red, 1 Green, 1/2 tsp.