Getting started up with LIIFT4 meant some meal planning and prep was in order for hubby and I so we could easily stay on track without spending tons of time in the kitchen every day.
When I came across this Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancake Recipe I knew they needed to be on our weekly list. We love pancakes, and we love that they fit so seamlessly into our meal plan!
Non-stick cooking spray
1 Medium Apple, peeled and sliced
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
1 Cup liquid egg whites
1 Cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 Cup almond milk, unsweetened
2 Scoops Vanilla Shakeology
1/2 Cup gluten free oats
4 TBSP coconut flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 dash nutmeg
1. Heat medium nonstick skillet or griddle, coat lightly with non-stick spray
2. Combine egg whites, applesauce and almond milk. Mix well and set aside
3. Combine Shakeology, oats, coconut flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4. Mix applesauce mixture into Shakeology mixture, and combine well
5. Use approx. 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Place on skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes (until golden brown). Flip, and cook for another 90 seconds or until cooked all the way through.
In a separate skillet, add apples and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until apples are soft, stirring continuously. Add 1/2 of apple to top each serving.
Yield: 12 Pancakes, 3 servings
Serving Size: 4 Pancakes (Container Count: 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple)
Optional: Top with 1-2 tsp of pure maple syrup if desired.
(Recipe modified from The Beachbody Blog)